Παρασκευή 29 Ιουνίου 2018

Drunk on the Moon - Tom Waits (youtube, 19 Οκτ 2010)

..............................................................

Drunk on the Moon - Tom Waits

(youtube, 19 Οκτ 2010)






Drunk on the Moon - Tom Waits



Tight-slacked clad girls on the graveyard shift 
'Neath the cement stroll 
Catch the midnight drift 
Cigar chewing charlie 
In that newspaper nest grifting hot horse tips 
On who's running the best 

And I'm blinded by the neon 
Don't try and change my tune 
'Cause I thought I heard a saxophone 
I'm drunk on the moon 
And the moon's a silver slipper 
It's pouring champagne stars 
Broadway's like a serpent 
Pulling shiny top-down cars 
Laramer is teeming 
With that undulating beat 
And some Bonneville is screaming 
It's way wilder down the street 

Hearts flutter and race 
The moon's on the wane 
Tarts mutter their dream hopes 
The night will ordain 
Come schemers and dancers 
Cherry delight 
As a Cleveland-bound Greyhound 
And it cuts throught the night

And I've hawked all my yesterdays 
Don't try and change my tune 
'Cause I thought I heard a saxophone 
I'm drunk on the moon

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: