Κυριακή 12 Νοεμβρίου 2017

My heart's in the highlands - Arvo Pärt (youtube, 11/3/2014)

..............................................................


My Heart's in the Highlands 

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here, 
My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer - 
A-chasing the wild deer, and following the roe; (=ree) 
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go. 
Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North 
The birth place of Valour, the country of Worth; 
Wherever I wander, wherever I rove, 
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love. 
 Farewell to the mountains high cover'd with snow; 
Farewell to the straths and green valleys below; (=breed dal) 
Farewell to the forrests and wild-hanging woods; 
Farwell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods. 
My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here, 
My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer 
Chasing the wild deer, and following the roe; 
My heart's in the Highlands, whereever I go.


"My Heart's in the Highlands" is a 1789 poem by the Scottish poet Robert Burns (1759 - 1796).


My heart's in the highlands - Arvo Pärt

(youtube, 11/3/2014)


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: