Δευτέρα 26 Αυγούστου 2024

"Death and the Maiden" (Franz Schubert) Full Concert - Live at The JAI - Art of Elan (youtube, 31.7.2024)

 ...............................................................



Death and the Maiden (Franz Schubert) Full Concert - Live at The JAI - Art of Elan



“Death and the Maiden” (String Quartet No. 14 in D minor) by Franz Schubert

0:00 Allegro

11:01 Andante con moto

23:59 Scherzo

27:49 Presto



Ensemble:

Wesley Precourt, violin

Kate Hatmaker, violin

Hanah Stuart, viola

Alex Greenbaum, cello



 Program Notes: SCHUBERT: Death and the Maiden (1824) Schubert began 1824 with a plan to write a set of three string quartets. During this time, he famously wrote: “I feel myself to be the most unfortunate, the most miserable being in the world. Think of a man whose health will never be right again, and who from despair over the fact makes it worse instead of better, think of a man, I say, whose splendid hopes have come to naught, to whom the happiness of love and friendship offers nothing but acutest pain, whose enthusiasm (at least, the inspiring kind) for the Beautiful threatens to disappear, and ask yourself whether he isn’t a miserable, unfortunate fellow. My peace is gone, my heart is heavy, I find it never, nevermore… so might I sing every day, since each night when I go to sleep I hope never again to wake, and each morning merely reminds me of the misery of yesterday.” 


 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: